Sleep is one of the key functions of a body, which is vital for human health and is also vital for performing many decisive functions. There are many goods in the market, which promote a comfortable sleep and in a way enhance it, in order to promote better sleep and complete rest to the body. Mattress topper plays a vital role in deciding a comfortable sleep, and this article highlights inclusions of a best mattress topper, and ways to choose one. Using a mattress topper is an excellent way of increasing comfort and increasing the longevity of your mattress.
With our website, you’ll quickly be able to siphon through all of our mattress topper reviews to find the best mattress topper. We try, test and do research on all of the popular mattress toppers so that you don’t have to, allowing you to quickly weigh up the pros and cons of each mattress topper. In this article, you’ll see top rated mattress toppers (right below), learn basic knowledge about mattress topper, what features to look for, which types are worth considering and which is the best mattress topper for you.
⇢ Top 7 Best Mattress Toppers in the 2016 Market
Price: $80-$230 | Warranty: 3 years | Our Rating: 4.8/5
Price: $70-$120 | Warranty: 1 year | Our Rating: 4.8/5
Price: $120-$190 | Warranty: 10 years | Our Rating: 4.7/5
Price: $90-$170 | Warranty: 3 years | Our Rating: 4.7/5
Price: $290-$410 | Warranty: 3 years | Our Rating: 4.7/5
Price: $110-$170 | Warranty: 1 year | Our Rating: 4.7/5
Price: $110-$170 | Warranty: 3 years | Our Rating: 4.6/5
(updated: August 20, 2016)
What are the uses of a mattress topper and why do we need it?
Sleeping on a lumpy and a hard bed is the worst possible thing any want to experience. A good tight sleep is what every human being needs to be rejuvenated for the next day’s work. It is often seen that we do not emphasize on selecting a mattress topper as we do while selecting a bed. Like not all of us are the same, all mattress toppers too vary in shape, size and comfort. Some of the simple things that make use of a good mattress topper inevitable are:
– The majority of the mattress toppers or the mattress pads come with waterproof capability, so it will not only protect your topper but also your much expensive mattress. This makes it ideal for the children’ room who are known to wet their bed at night.
– If you are facing constant muscular pain or the joint pain issues, then the toppers could also be carried with you on your road trips. You can easily install it over the bed of your hotel.
– If your mattress is good, but not good enough to counter the heat, then using a mattress topper with relevant features could maintain heat properly in a much easier and inexpensive manner.
– Helps in supporting your body while sleeping
– Helps in getting rid of insomnia
– Acts as guard against sweat
Types of Mattress Toppers
In a market, there are several types of products given in a product segment. This competitive market also offers several types in the mattress topper category. These types are based on preferences and are often chosen on basis of personal liking and choice. Some of the types of mattress toppers are given below:
One of the most popular and widely sold types of mattress topper is that of memory foam, which is made from a unique material called polyurethane. This is a special and comfortable material, which is formed by the combination of several million open and spherical cells, which respond back to pressure and heat. It provides more comfort and snuggle to the body due to its compression and reflex function. Another property of this mattress topper is that it comes in various density and pressure ranges, which provides the prospective customer with a lot of choice. It is one of the best mattress topper in the market, and it is also the most popular and highest selling sleeping equipment.
There are certain other claims, which are associated with memory foam mattress topper, such as ultimate comfort, and apart from that, there are some additional benefits. It helps averting disturbances from an unsettling sleeping partner, who constantly tosses and turns in bed, and does not disturb the other’s sleep, when one person is moving over its surface. Besides, it also helps provide extra comfort to person suffering from joint pains, however this is a bit on the higher price range, and cannot be afforded by everyone.
If you are looking for the best memory foam mattress topper, read our top rated memory foam topper reviews to have the best choice for your needs. Actually, most of top products in the list above are best memory foam toppers.
Another very popular type of mattress topper that has good hold in the market is that of Latex foam category and it has subsequent amount of sale in market. The material is very similar to that of memory foam; however, it lacks certain advantages that memory foam offers. This is made from either natural or synthetic rubber/latex, and it is offered in a variety of grades of firmness and thickness, just as in case of memory foam, however, it is generally firmer than memory foam.
There are added benefits of this type of topper, as it does not trap body heat and also doesn’t emit unpleasant odor. Latex provides a soft sleeping experience and is generally very comfortable, and some associations also term it as the recommended product for people who suffer from allergies of the skin, because this material is resistant from both mold and dust mites. Read deeper review about latex mattres topper (<<click).
Feather Mattress Topper
Feather mattress toppers are also known as feather beds, and are non-conventional type of mattresses, which are often used in certain luxury bedrooms. This type of mattress toppper is very different from normal toppers, and is made from feathers and soft materials, which provide a completely different sleeping experience. This sleep experience is not comparable to any other form of mattress in terms of material experience and softness. It is very comfortable to lie in and in generally very comfortable, because it does not retain body heat, as compared to other toppers. However there are certain issues with this mattress, as it needs regular ruffling and shaking up, in order to retain its shape. Also, some users have complained about disturbance while in sleep, due to noise made from feathers while twisting and turning. Read detailed review for feather mattress topper!
Wool Mattress Toppers
Another type of mattress topper in this category is that of the wool mattress topper, which are very softening and firm in shape, however, they lack a lot of comfort and support. This is very useful, and is compatible with both warm and cold weathers, due to special fibers, and is generally very durable, making it into the list of the best mattress topper.
What type of mattress topper you should use?
The mattress toppers can be of different types, but the selection of a particular one depends on the needs and wants of the customer. The budget is the secondary issue here as the comfort seekers wouldn’t mind spending a few extra dollars to get the best comfortable topper. Insomnia is a very common condition where people suffering through it are unable to sleep properly. The most common reason for the triggering of this disorder is when the person is sleeping over an uncomfortable bed. A mattress topper in such situation would provide people with immediate relief.
The mattresses over time could show signs of wear and tear such as by becoming bump or saggy. This could lead to a very uncomfortable sleeping experience, but if you are not looking to make the heavy investment in buying a new mattress then a good quality topper could be a great option to alleviate this issue. Further, the need for having a topper can also be for those people who are having some muscular pain or joint pain issues due to usage of improper sleeping platform. A good quality topper would alleviate this issue with consistent use over a few weeks.
The following are the different situations which will tell you about choosing the right mattress topper for a particular need:
– If you are looking for super comfort by adding an additional cushion layer, then the feather topper would be the optimum choice. It is easier to maintain and also offers people with excellent body temperature regulation.
– If you are looking for durability with comfort and also want a system that could adapt to the shape of your body with minimal movements of the other partner while sleeping, then go for the latex mattress topper.
– If muscle or the joint pain is the issue, then the memory foam would be the ideal option as it conforms well with the shape of your body and gives little to no body movements of your partner sleeping along with.
– If you are seeking comfort in the form of warmth with excellent cushioning then the wool topper can surely inspire you with its excellent features.
Choosing the best mattress topper, what should we keep in mind?
A number of things must be kept in mind while choosing a mattress topper. It is not always about a particular type serving seamlessly to everyone. But, the comfort in terms of a topper is relative and it is different for different people. The following types must be considered when you are looking to find the best mattress topper:
– First of all, you need to choose between the different available types which can be the memory foam, latex, wool or the feather mattress topper. All have their pros and cons and you need to pick one which is best suitable according to your needs and demands.
– You need to decide between buying a mattress topper or a mattress pad as both are different. The pad is thinner and its purpose is to enhance softness by a little margin and to protect the mattress. The topper on the other side is a much more complete system with excellent cushioning and offer support to your body.
– The need of having a topper should be established earlier in order to look for the apt product. The need could be of pain relief, countering the extra firmness of the mattress or just for adding a protective layer over the mattress.
– The Gauge Depth measurements should be taken which will save you from a lot of frustration. Either, if you are buying online, then do make sure that you have confirmed knowledge about the gauge depth measurements of the topper. This will also save you from buying any new bed sheets for your bedding system.
– The information such as the features of the mattress topper, its benefits, cons and the experience of the people using it can be best seen on the internet. The potential buyers must read out the reviews and the customers’ feedbacks to make the right decision.
Deeper, there are certain aspects that need to be kept in mind while looking for the best mattress topper that suit you the most.
+ Comfort level: A mattress topper is supposed to provide ultimate comfort. After all this is why money is spent to have one. It must be soft, adjust easily and must not be firm or rigid.
+ Quality of the material used and density of the foam: The materials used should be of premium quality and the foam density must be perfect. 4 lb memory foam provides ultimate comfort and is a great combination of cushion and pressure. However, for a firm and supportive topper, 5 lb memory foam mattress topper will be perfect.
+ Durability of the product: Get one from a reputed company, as there are a number of duplicate and inferior products available in the market. This will ensure that you get a quality product that will last long.
+ Cost factor: Try to get and compare the cost of any mattress topper that you have chosen. It is not always necessary that a good mattress topper will cost more. Keep in mind your budget and act accordingly.
+ Warranty: Be sure about the allergy concerns and read the label of the product before buying. The warranty should also be kept in mind where the majority of the manufacturer offers a 2 years warranty.
⇢ Top 7 Best Mattress Toppers Comparison Table
We want to show you again our top picks for best toppers with some basic information. These products are selected among many mattress toppers out there based on our extensive researches, a lot of customers and other trusted website reviews. We hope that this list can help you to save time and effort for choosing a mattress topper.
4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam
|Visco Foam||3 Years||4.8/5|
Extra Plush Bamboo Fitted Mattress Topper
|Bamboo-derived Rayon||1 Year||4.8/5|
Sleep Innovations 4" Dual Layer Topper
|Gel Foam & Plush Fiber||10 Years||4.7/5|
Lucid 3" Memory Foam Mattress Topper
|Memory Foam||3 Years||4.7/5|
Ultimate Dreams 3-Inch Talalay Latex
|Synthetic & Natural Latex||3 Years||4.7/5|
Extra Plush Double Thick Fitted Topper
|Cotton, Polyester||1 Year||4.7/5|
Night Therapy Memory Foam Pressure Relief
|Memory Foam||3 Years||4.6/5|
A good night’s sleep is something that must never be compromised upon. A good mattress topper will ensure a tight sleep by providing all the support your tired body needs. Memory foam mattress toppers are considered to be the most popular and is favorite of thousand of millions around the globe. The main reason being the unmatched comfort it provides. And other mattress toppers have its own advantages and functions. What you have to do is to understand your needs and read more to find out the best mattress topper for your own needs. When looking for your topper, keep in mind important factors we mentioned in the article.